One UI 3.0 — Samsung’s customized interface for Android 11 — is right here. With most of its 2020 telephones now receiving the replace, Samsung’s nicely underway with its replace course of for the brand new software program. The steady launch has made its approach to the Galaxy S20, Word 20, S10, Word 10, and dozens of different Samsung telephones, and it landed on tablets as nicely.
One UI 3.0 comes with thrilling new options, delicate UI tweaks, and optimizations throughout the board. This is what you should know concerning the One UI 3.0 replace, the listing of eligible telephones which can be getting the steady replace, and once you’ll get the steady OTA replace in your Galaxy cellphone. With the Galaxy S21 sequence providing One UI 3.1 out of the field, Samsung is making that specific construct accessible to its older flagships, so let’s have a look at what One UI 3.1 brings to the desk as nicely.
In the event you bought a Galaxy cellphone inside the previous couple of years, likelihood is you may get an replace to One UI 3.0 or 3.1. That features not solely flagship units, but in addition all of Samsung’s cheap Android phones.
On December 2, 2020, we began to see the primary trickle of One UI 3.0 making its approach to units with the Galaxy S20 on Verizon getting the replace. Simply someday afterward December 3, Samsung announced that One UI 3.0 was globally rolling out to the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Extremely in the USA, Korea, and choose international markets.
On December 8, the T-Cellular variations of the Galaxy S20 sequence began receiving the steady One UI 3.0 replace. As for different Galaxy handsets, the Word 20 sequence, the S10 sequence, and the foldables will likely be subsequent with an replace in January. Beginning in March, we’ll see One UI 3.0 begin making its approach to telephones within the Galaxy A and Galaxy M sequence.
Beginning December 14, the Galaxy Word 20 began receiving the One UI 3.0 steady replace. The rollout is kicking off with the AT&T models of the Word 20, however ought to make its approach to different variants and unlocked units shortly.
On December 22, Samsung began delivering the One UI 3.0 replace to the Galaxy S10 Lite, unlocked Word 20 fashions within the U.S., and the foldable Galaxy Z Flip 5G.
From December 23, the replace began going out to the mid-range Galaxy A51 and M31, with the rollout beginning in India and Korea. Beginning December 27, Samsung kicked off the steady replace for the Word 10 and Word 10+ within the U.S.
On January 4, Samsung kicked off the One UI 3.0 replace to the S10 and S10 Lite within the U.S. Beginning January 6, the steady One UI 3.0 construct started rolling out to the Galaxy S20 FE and Word 20 Extremely in India, with Samsung kicking off the replace for the Exynos fashions as nicely.
Beginning January 18, Samsung kicked off the One UI 3.1 replace to the Galaxy Tab S7, the primary pill in its portfolio to change to Android 11. Samsung additionally began rolling out the One UI 3.0 replace to the Galaxy S10 telephones in India from January 20.
All by means of February, Samsung began rolling out the One UI 3.1 replace to its older telephones in lieu of One UI 3.0. The Galaxy Word 10 Lite, Tab S6, and the Galaxy A71 have all obtained the steady launch of One UI 3.1 based mostly on Android 11 as an alternative of One UI 3.0, and that’s nice to see.
All by means of March, Samsung delivered the One UI 3.1 replace to its 2020 and 2019 flagships around the globe. The Galaxy S10, Word 10, and final yr’s Galaxy Fold 5G and S20 have all made the swap to One UI 3.1 together with the Galaxy Tab S6. Samsung has additionally lavished consideration on the mid-range Galaxy A71, rolling out the replace in most international markets, and the budget-focused Galaxy M51 and M31s.
Beginning March 15, the One UI 3.1 replace rolled out to the Galaxy A50 and A50s in most Asian markets. The Tab S6 Lite additionally began getting the steady replace, together with the Galaxy A70.
From Might 1, T-Cellular began rolling out the One UI 3.1 steady launch to its model of the Galaxy S10 and S10+. The unlocked fashions obtained the replace firstly of the yr, nevertheless it’s good to see the service fashions additionally swap to the newest model of One UI 3.1, albeit slightly bit later than normal.
Beginning Might 3, Samsung rolled out the One UI 3.1 replace to the entry-level and funds fashions within the Galaxy A sequence. The Galaxy A01, A21, A21s, A51, and A71 began receiving the steady construct in most international areas.
Samsung continued the rollout for Galaxy A and M units and older tablets all by means of Might, with the likes of the Galaxy A02, A30, M11, and Tab S5e switching to One UI 3.1.
At this level, Samsung is nicely forward of its replace schedule. This is the complete One UI 3.0/3.1 roadmap:
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20 Extremely
- Galaxy Word 20
- Galaxy Word 20 Extremely
- Galaxy S20 FE
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Word 10
- Galaxy Word 10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy Word 10 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy M31
- Galaxy M30s
- Galaxy M21
- Galaxy Tab S6
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy A80
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy A70
- Galaxy A31
- Galaxy A21s
- Galaxy Tab A
- Galaxy A11
- Galaxy A01
- Galaxy A01 Core
- Galaxy M11
- Galaxy Tab S5e
- Galaxy A30
- Galaxy Tab Energetic Professional
- Galaxy Tab A ten.1
- Galaxy A30s
- Galaxy A20s
- Galaxy A20
- Galaxy A10s
- Galaxy A10
What’s new in One UI 3.0?
Samsung is not making numerous design modifications in One UI 3.0, with the general aesthetic much like One UI 2.5. That mentioned, there are numerous thrilling new options, together with the power to lengthy press an app to see all related widgets and add them to the house display, and a double faucet gesture anyplace on the house display to show off the display.
One UI 3.0 can also be getting the Conversations view that debuted in Android 11, and the persistent media participant. You additionally get higher auto-focus and publicity controls within the digicam, the choice to customise the decision display with your individual photos and movies, machine utilization developments in Digital Wellbeing, and numerous new Bixby Routines.
The One UI 3.0 changelog provides us an in depth take a look at all the brand new additions, together with modifications to the lock display, accessibility, DeX, Samsung Web, and extra. There are a ton of small additions that make Samsung’s pores and skin even higher.
This is the complete changelog:
- Contact and maintain an app so as to add an related widget
- Flip the display off by double-tapping on an empty space of the Residence display. You possibly can flip this on in Settings > Superior options > – Motions and gestures.
- Dynamic Lock display now has extra classes, and you may choose multiple.
- Lock display widgets are improved.
- See your conversations and media extra conveniently in their very own sections once you swipe down from the highest of the display.
- All the time On Show widgets are improved.
- Get fast entry to crucial accessibility settings throughout machine setup. – Get really helpful accessibility options based mostly on what you employ.
- Set the Accessibility shortcut extra simply in settings.
- Sound detectors now work along with your SmartThings units equivalent to TVs and lights to present you extra seen
- You will discover the keyboard settings extra simply beneath Common administration in Settings, and the settings have been reorganized to place crucial ones first.
- Now you can connect with supported TVs wirelessly.
- New touchpad multi-gestures allow you to change display zoom and font dimension extra simply.
- Added means to dam web sites from redirecting you once you faucet the Again button. – Added warnings and blocking choices for web sites that present too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Rearranged menus to make issues simpler to search out. – Added a number of new add-ons, together with one which interprets web sites.
- Added possibility to cover the standing bar for a extra immersive looking expertise.
- Elevated most variety of open tabs to 99.
- Added means to lock and reorder tabs.
- Improved design for tab bar which is now supported on all units.
- Ended help for Samsung Web edge panel.
Contacts & Telephone
- Added an possibility that will help you rapidly delete duplicate contacts.
- Enhanced the search expertise.
- Added the power to customise the decision display with your individual photos and movies.
- Created a Trash bin to retailer not too long ago deleted messages.
Name & Textual content on different units
- Added the power to show Name & textual content on different units on or off with Bixby Routines.
- Occasions with the identical begin time are actually proven collectively in month and agenda view.
- Reorganized choices for including and modifying occasions.
- Improved structure for full display alerts.
Digital wellbeing and Parental controls
- Added developments to your weekly report. You possibly can see how your utilization has modified for the reason that earlier week and verify your utilization time for every characteristic.
- Added cellphone utilization time whereas driving to the weekly report.
- Added a lock display widget so you may verify your display time with out unlocking your cellphone.
- Added separate profiles for private and work modes so you may monitor your display time individually.
- Improved auto-focus and auto publicity performance and usefulness.
- Improved stabilization when taking photos of the moon at excessive zoom ranges
- Added the power to revert edited photos again to their unique variations.
- Grouped preset routines show you how to get began rapidly and learn to construct your individual routines rapidly
- Now you can see what actions are reversed when a routine ends.
- New situations have been added, equivalent to a particular begin time, the disconnection of a Bluetooth machine or Wi-Fi community, a name from a particular quantity, and extra.
- New actions have been added, together with speaking to Bixby and accessibility actions.
- You possibly can add a personalized icon for every routine and add routines to the Lock display for fast entry.
What about One UI 3.1?
Samsung unveiled its 2021 flagship Galaxy S21 sequence on January 14, and these telephones run One UI 3.1 based mostly on Android 11 out of the field. It comes with just a few modifications and have additions, together with the power so as to add Google Uncover feed to the left of your own home display. There’s additionally Digital Key Plus tech that leverages UWB within the Galaxy S21+ and S21 Extremely as a digital automotive key for choose BMW fashions.