Posted by Bert de Weerd and Tingmui Li, Google Play
When Google Play launched in 2008, it was simple for builders to get observed with just a few hundred apps and video games stay on the Play Retailer. Quick ahead to at present, there are actually thousands and thousands of apps and video games obtainable to audiences in over 190 nations. The distinctive belongings you present to the Retailer – pictures, video, descriptions, even your app title itself – are important to customers making a choice on what to obtain.
Google Play is more and more exhibiting extra of your belongings entrance and middle, surfacing graphic belongings and descriptions proper on Apps and Video games house. To make sure that your retailer itemizing belongings can assist customers anticipate your in-app or in-game expertise and drive significant downloads, we’re:
- Pre-announcing a coverage change for app metadata
- Introducing new tips on Retailer itemizing preview belongings
1. Pre-announce coverage change for app metadata
Since your app title, icon, and developer title are crucial discovery parts in your retailer itemizing web page, we’re making ready to launch a brand new set of insurance policies to maintain these parts recognizable and distinctive, specializing in:
- Limiting the size of app titles to 30 characters
- Prohibiting key phrases that suggest retailer efficiency, promotion within the icon, title and developer title
- Eliminating graphic parts that will mislead customers within the app icon
App title, icon and developer title that don’t meet the upcoming insurance policies won’t be allowed on Google Play. You’ll be able to count on extra particulars about this coverage change, together with enforcement begin dates, later this yr.
We advocate reviewing the examples of do and don’t beneath and occupied with how these modifications could affect you, so you may get prepared for the upcoming coverage modifications.
Retailer efficiency or rank:
Worth and promotional info:
Play packages and graphic parts that mislead customers:
Emoticons & repeated or sequential particular characters and or punctuations:
2. New tips for Retailer itemizing preview belongings
We’re additionally saying new retailer itemizing preview asset tips for the characteristic graphics, screenshots, movies, and brief descriptions you provide to showcase your app’s options and performance. Property that don’t meet our tips could also be ineligible for promotion and advice on main Google Play surfaces like Apps and Video games house.
The brand new guideline for developer provided belongings concentrate on the next rules:
- Do the preview belongings precisely symbolize the app or recreation?
- Do the preview belongings present sufficient info to assist customers resolve whether or not to put in?
- Are the preview belongings freed from buzzwords like “free” or “finest” and as an alternative concentrate on offering significant details about the distinctive features of your app or recreation?
- Are the preview belongings localized accurately and simple to learn?
To make sure that your apps and video games are eligible for suggestions on all surfaces on Google Play, please evaluate our new store listing guidelines. We’ll begin utilizing these tips to tell our suggestions beginning within the second half of 2021.
We hope you discovered each the coverage pre-announcement and preview asset guideline announcement helpful as you intend your roadmap for the yr, and we hope you share in our pleasure for a extra helpful and interesting Play Retailer.